Fly Casting Skills Instruction Day to be conducted by Peter Morse.
Peter is an International Federation of Fly Fishers Master Fly Casting Instructor. He has 45 years of fly fishing experience in fresh and salt water and 25 years teaching fly fishing and fly casting.
Fly Fishing is defined by Fly Casting. It’s the method we use to get the
fly to the fish. The better the caster we can become, the more fish we’ll
catch. There is no disadvantage to becoming the best caster you can possibly be.
Skills to be covered on the day include:
- Pick–up and lay down cast
- False Casting and Hauling
- Roll Casting
- Reach mends, slack line and curve casts
- Accuracy from dominant and non dominant shoulders
- Distance and shooting line, presenting the back cast
- Casting while seated or kneeling